What Is The Best Online Business To Start?-The One You Own
Last Updated on
What is the Best Online Business to Start?
Be your own Boss and Thrive
Starting a business online can be a bit scary if you are not sure what to do or how to go about it. First you probably ask what is the best online business to start with? There are many options to get into and many or very profitable. The answer will ultimately be your call on which is the best because each person’s idea of success is a bit different.
That being said let us look at a few options in a minute. To understand what is best, you may need to understand what you are willing to do, meaning are you willing to have many items in an inventory setting and you sell them online as a retail website and deal with shipping and returns to an from customers? Maybe if you have a place to do that and what does that cost?
Working online from home
With the current economy currently in flux, we are all getting a lesson in why working a daily job for someone else or a company may not be a sustainable way to make a living going forward. The world is trending online and that is where the market is for businesses. So you have a great opportunity to get started in several different ways to make a living. Let us look at a few ways you can start to secure your future by making a living online.
In this article, I will show you some choices for what type of money-making opportunities there are and I will also provide you with some great resources to consider depending on what direction you want to go.
So there is a big difference between making money online and starting an online business, it is fairly easy to make a few bucks online by doing stuff like taking surveys or just internet searches like you do every day. There are places that pay you to search online – my Swagbucks review is one example.
I have done surveys and I can tell you a bit that you need to know. They are not very consistent and you find that the best way to make consistent rewards or money is to try products or services, those come with risks and some come with a cost. I have had to run my virus software many times when doing surveys because of the multitude of links and app’s I used to get much out of it. Do not let that scare you, but I need to tell you the truth about it all. Swagbucks is a great place to get rewards and gift cards and other perks but it will come with a bit of risk as mentioned. You can get Swagbucks for Surfing the net so that’s a plus with very little risk
Share Your Skills and Make Money Online
You can also market a skill by freelancing, which is a very fast-growing method for making money online. There are a variety of skills being shared in the freelancing world. Here is one article that breaks out 15 freelance online jobs for you to consider. Getting a freelance gig and performing a service for someone online can be very lucrative, but it depends on how much time you want to spend at it.
For example, making a logo for people for their website. or graphics design, or writing articles, just a few examples. There are hundreds more and many require little to no initial investment and can be done without many upfront costs or work on your part. Some gigs may require you to use specific software or programs you use so there is an initial cost for that, but you can make that up by showcasing your skills.
Secure your future start an online business
Now starting a business is a different bird, You need a budget and a plan and options to pick from as well as a great desire to work and make a good solid living online that can potentially be your main source of income. People do it all the time in a variety of online options. Let us look at a few choices then help you decide what is best for you.
- Dropshipping website- Requires no on-hand inventory. You are the middle man between consumer and supplier. I did dropshipping for a few years. It works but is more hands on than some choices below
- Online Auctions- Like eBay or Yahoo auctions and a few others- usually need an inventory source as well as shipping and return availability- Can be very lucrative if done properly.
- Homemade items to sell online- Etsy.com is a good place to start for that, many people make a good living selling the products they make themselves.
- Retail website- Probably the most labor-intensive choice as you need supplies and also training on how to sell online and to get noticed in search engines. Sell Niches Bundle is my go-to place to get the right info for starting out. The guide walks you through every step of finding products to sell and teaches you how to determine if your target market will make money. It is not free, but very worth it
- Affiliate Marketing– Advertise with a website for a supplier or service provider and make commissions on what sells from what is advertised on your website- Very lucrative and no inventory required. This is the fastest growing online business model today. Many perks associated with this choice, like no cap on what you can make money-wise. For example, your daily job pays you a set amount to perform your duties, affiliate marketing has no cap. It is all up to you what you make and if done properly you can make money regularly at all hours of the day or night instead of just your standard 8 hour day working for the man. The world is your market.
This website is set up as an affiliate marketing business model. It has provided me the means to keep my business running and allow me to work at my own pace on the path to becoming financially independent hopefully in the near future. I am not there yet, but I do work at this every day. You can do the same by deciding the best way for you to make money.
Some of the links in this article are affiliate links. I will earn a small commission if you should decide to use one of them. There is no effect on your cost, I get my commission from the retailer or service provider. I use that income to keep this website running and also help grow my business. Thank you for your time.
What is the Best Online Business To Start?
You alone can answer that. Because you will be much more successful if you follow a path you know or are comfortable following. You do not need to know every detail before starting but getting a general idea of how each path flows can help you decide what works best for you.
For example, you may not want to go the route of a website and selling products but could do well with freelancing and sharing your skills. Or you may want to have a bit more control and dive into a full-blown online business you can start from home with a website.
It will involve many layers of knowledge and training but in my opinion and based on experiences I have had, I find setting up a business with a website to be one that can be more sustainable going forward. But like I mentioned above, it is up to you how this works.
I know this for sure, you will not succeed if you do not try.
Choosing your path to make money online
The main point to share is that in order to make any money online at all, you need to take that first step and try something. That sounds silly, but it is true. You can dream about it all you want, but unless you trust in yourself and try something your dreams will always be just that. Dreams.
Things to know about before you start.
- Expect challenges- You will not magically make money, there is no one easy system that will make you rich for free without any effort. The information you see online about those types of methods are scams. You will learn as you go, and you will also make mistakes, we all do. But with it, comes experience and you learn how to bring it all together with hard work and using a proven method that works for you
- You Can succeed- If you go into this knowing that it will take time and effort to make this work. Making money online is possible, but you have to know that it will take some time to really get it rolling as well as a daily time commitment.
- It will cost you money to start- Yes, you can find many programs that give you Free information but you will have to work much harder to succeed. If you put a small budget aside and choose wisely you can get a flow blown online business running very affordably.
So we have talked about a few options for you to think about for getting rolling. What is the best online business to start with? well I hope I helped answer that for you. The most important information I can share with you is that in order to make money online you need to try something, and do not be afraid to make mistakes or spend a bit on something that may or may not work for you.
I know of several programs that can get you going easily. The link to the Freelancing jobs I posted above is a good place if you are interested in that route. The button below will take you to the place I use to run my business with websites, training and hosting and much much more all under one roof. Free to join